Additional Fees
Interest Rate

I send my payments to Merrick Bank every month via USPS no less than 10 days before the due date. Merrick Bank always takes so long to post my payments.

In some cases, I was charged a late fee because of this. I have complained to them about this and all they could come up with is that they do not control the mail. Mind you, I have 3 other credit cards and I've had no problems with them posting my payments quickly. In fact, there is one credit card payment I make each month that travels FARTHER FROM MY HOME than Dallas, TX (where my Merrick payment goes), and it gets processed almost IMMEDIATELY.

I sincerely believe Merrick Bank slows things down so that they can charge late fees for late payments and I think that this is wholly UNFAIR. Once I pay off this card, I will never use them again.

Review about: Merrick Bank Payment Processing Service.

I didn't like: Very slow with processing payments.

Comments

#1420321

I specifically searched for "why does it take Merrick Bank so long to post payments" just to see if anyone else on the web might have commented about what you did. When I mail payments, it does take close to 3 weeks on average for them to post and it is not because of the mail.

I say this because it consistently that long and other creditors always post within 3-4 days of mailing. I make multiple payments a month so I use their online payment processing and that is never a problem and I'm never late, but if my mailed payments were the ONLY payment I made (as most people do only pay once a month) then I would have late fees every single month.

to Ray Denver #1443376

Still, it's not right for payments to take up to 3 weeks to post....company is very aware of these issues cos I am not the only one going through samething with them posting my payments.....need to close my account with them.

What is your payment address