1.4
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

After almost 4 years of being a perfect customer, never missing a payment, etc., I called to see if they would lower my interest rate from a ridiculous 28.4%.I had agreed to a high interest rate initially because of credit challenges at the time.

I now have 4 other credit cards that average at least 10% lower then this one. When I asked to lower it, I was informed that it was against their 'policy' to take interest lowering requests from customers. So I asked if they then periodically review in order to lower. They said "never".

Soooo I decided to close my account due to their bad business policies.

Foolish how they could have kept a long term customer even longer and happy by lowering the rate.***!

This reviewer shared experience about "not lowering high interest rate" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Merrick Bank. The most disappointing about merrick bank credit card from Merrick Bank was not willing to lower high interest rate Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Merrick Bank.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Banks category for more informed decision or compare Merrick Bank to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Merrick Bank?

Comments

Albany, New York, United States #1275339

don't know why you would go through the hassle of when you have 4 other ones lower rate ... id be concerned of credit problems if I were you sounds like you might need them again in the future

Jacksonville, Florida, United States #1038474

Close your higher rate card first, then apply with your NEW, higher credit rating and see what they'll offer. You might be surprised how low the interest rate is, and of course, maybe not.

If you've have good credit, Capital One, Citi, or Chase have some great cards.