Additional Fees
Interest Rate

My dad was actually an account holder with this company and even before he passed away making his monthly payments was a horrible experience in and of itself. He would try to make his payment online only to get locked out and have to call.

EVERY time.

After he passed, Merrick took payment from his account which i was in the process of closing. When I called to discuss this I was told that if I sent a copy of his death certificate they could resolve the issue. After calling several times over the last few weeks I was told that they did in fact have the copy of the death certificate and that it had been submitted to "the appropriate department" and that someone would call me back. After attempting to call the 800-204-5936 number AGAIN I was kept on hold for over 26 minutes before I hung up and called right back.

After being on hold for over 10 minutes again I finally got to talk to a human who told me I had to talk to a different department whose office hours were only 1-5pm EST.

So I waited 20 minutes and called "the other department" (877-487-5598) who told me I needed to talk to yet a different department and was given yet another number (866-321-2195) for the Deceased Accounts department. After sitting on hold again, I finally spoke with someone who basically told me "since you are not the card holder you are not responsible for making any payments on the account, blah, blah, blah" and in no way shape or form would they even answer the question I'd been asking since the beginning of all of this.

Being in Customer Service myself I not only wouldn't recommend this company to ANYONE but would highly recommend that if you do have this card, DITCH IT QUICK!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Merrick Bank Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 10.

Comments

A legitimate complaint! My condolences for the passing of your father.